Number of Mediations
Hours of Mediation practice
Italian BAR, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, AAA-ICDR, TAS-CAS, CAfA, Ministry of Justice, International Mediation institute, IAM
Years of Mediation Experience
Areas of Mediation Expertise
Art, Banking & Finance, Commercial, Corporate, EU Law, Insurance, Intellectual Property, International Private Law, International Trade, Maritime & Transport, Professional Services, Real Estate, Sports, TMT & IP (Technology, Media and Telecommunications),
Affiliations / Mediation Panels
American Arbitration Association – International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR-AAA); Court of Arbitration for Sport, TAS-CAS; WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center’s List of Mediators; Court of Arbitration for Art, CAfA; Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, CIArb; International Chamber of Commerce, ICC; Maritime Mediation Center; Commission fédérale de médiation du Belgique; Conference Internationale de la Médiation Judiciaire, CIMJ; Groupement Européen des Magistrats pour la Médiation, GEMME; Indian Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators, IIAM; Asian International Arbitration Centre (formerly known as KLRCA); Mainland-Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center, MHJMC; Arbitration & Mediation Court of the Caribbean, AMCC; International Commercial Mediation Center for Belt and Road Initiative, BNRMC; Saudi Center for Commercial Arbitration -SADR; International Mediation Council (member); CONCILIA LLC; Florence International Mediation Chamber, FIMC; Public Conciliation Chamber of Lazio Region for Medical Malpractice; Italian Society for Mediations, SIMED; many Italian Chambers of Commerce; Chamber of Mediation and Arbitration of the Italian Chamber of Commerce for Switzerland (former mediator); Chamber of Arbitration and Mediation of the Italian Agency for Agricultural Supply (former mediator); Chamber of Arbitration and Mediation of the Italian National Commission for Listed Companies and the Stock Exchange (former mediator); The Chamber of Arbitration and Mediation of the Accountants of the City of Milan (former mediator).
Countries Active in
Italy, U.S.A., U.K., Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Austria, Germany, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, India, China, MEDA Countries
Other Mediation Experience
Founder, Partner and Board Member of CONCILIA LLC., the Italian Leading ADR provider and Mediators’ Training Center; Independent Arbitrator and Mediator; Accredited ADR Trainer; Trainers’ Trainer, University of Pisa CISP; Mediation and Negotiation Trainer, International Academy of Sciences of Peace.
• Considered one of the leading Italian experts in teaching and consultancy in Mediation, ADR, and Strategic Problem Solving.
• IMI Certified Mediator and IMI Mediation Advocacy Expert (the first accredited in Italy).
• Distinguished Fellow, International Academy of Mediators. 24+ years of experience handling national and international mediations, conciliations, negotiations, and arbitral procedures as Professional Conciliator, Mediator and Arbitrator, 1996-present; Conciliator and Mediator accredited by the Ministry of Justice, 2003-present; Conciliators’ and Mediators’ Trainer accredited by the Ministry of Justice, 2003-present.
• Public Conciliator for Lazio Region, Italy, for medical and paramedical liability cases, 2019-present.
• He has served as a Mediator in more than 4.500 procedures at both the domestic and international level.
• He conducts mediations both in evaluative and in facilitative method. Sometimes his style is also transformative. He conducts ad-hoc and on-line mediations especially referred to consumer disputes.
• He is also an expert in Mediation Advocacy Techniques (MA), and one of the first MA professionals in Italy.
• He is also an expert in social and environmental mediations and in EU Financed Projects referred to ADRs/ODRs.
• Various arbitral procedures as sole arbitrator or party’s arbitrator, 2000-present.
• Very extensive experience in training and advising several thousand Professionals, Companies, Public Authorities, Chambers of Commerce, Universities, ADR Centers, in Effective Communication, ADR Techniques, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Public Speaking, Self-Motivation, EU Law, International Private Law, 1996-present.
• Nominated Key Expert or Key International Expert in EU financed projects for the development of mediation programs and/or the training in Mediation and ADR Techniques (in Bulgaria, Romania, Latvia, Croatia, Serbia Montenegro, Turkey, Moldova, Egypt, Tunisia).
• Past Vice-President of the Arbitral Chamber of the Chamber of Commerce of the City of Viterbo, 2009-2018.
• Past Assistant Professor of Mediation and ADR, University of Pisa – CISP, Italy, 2001-2006.
• Over the years, he brought CONCILIA to win, various EU financed projects, as -for instance- the EU Financed one called “Support the ADR in the Serbian Judiciary”, financed by the European Agency for the Reconstruction and the EU Commission
• Since 2016 he is recognised in Who’s Who Legal – WWL as one ot the world’s top lawyers-mediators
Other Dispute Resolution Experience